OK here we go....WARNING: POST IS KINDA PIC HEAVY
This was the first time I have been speechless at how well Taylor Swift - squinty eyes! - has looked at a premiere or red carpet event. She looks amazing and pulls it off well, even if it's not the most 'punk' look ever (but to be honest very few followed the theme of the night).
I liked it, it's totally unexpected from someone who seems as square as Anne and it paid off big time - the blonde looks really good on her and her dress really makes a statement. Very well done and one of my favorite looks from the night.
As a child of the 90's I remember the punk era and recall alot of the whole plaid shit that was around at the time. So very well done, Christina this was really cool and stylish. I like it.
To be honest I only remember her as the actress that Jude Law cheated on his wife with when he was still married, and maybe as the Baroness in the first G.I. Joe film, but she pulled it off and was one of the few people to wear the spikes tonight.
I keep going back and forth on whether or not I liked this and whether or not it worked or was more hilariously funny but at least she brought the mesh and the spiked hair back from the punk era. It reminds me of those kids that used to use Elmer's glue in their hair to mold/shape it every morning...I never did it but I remember hearing stories of how long it took them to get it out of their hair every night in the shower. It was a risk, I'm just yo-yoing bck and forth between liking it and hating it....
To fully aprecite the humor in these pictures of Kim Kardashian you have to understand a few things which I'll explain in the following (because hopefully in a few years I'll forget who the hell this is).
1. Kim Kardashian and her family, the Kardashians, have a series of reality shows on the E! Network. They sprang up after Kim Kardashian rose to national fame with her sex video scandal when it was leaked to the press bac in like 2006.
2. Kim Kardashian is a sell out and married a basketball player on one of her reality shows and got a lot of freebies and cashed in by selling wedding pictures and recordig everything for sweeps month on her reality show. Unshockingly, they divorced in less than a year.
3. The Met Gala is an exclusive event that is only for the who's who and the very wealthy and famous. Anna Wintour, who runs a fashion magazine, is in charge of it and has refused to allow any of the Kardashians to attend as she thinks they are the low of the low and have no talent.
4. Kim Kardashian has been dating Kanye West for about the past year, year and a half and is currently around 6 or 7 months pregnant with his child. During the span of her pregnancy she has refused to wear pregnancy outfits and insists on wearing contour and designers no matter how unflattering it looks on her. She has been panned by most of the press for her fashion during the pregnancy.
5. This year Anna Wintour relented and has allowed Kanye West to bring Kim Kardashian to the Met Gala this year in exchange for him to perform tonight.
6. Kim wore this. PLEASE NOTE THAT HER ARMS/HANDS ARE COVERED IN THE SAME FABRIC AS THE REST OF THE DRESS. I CANNOT. THIS IS RICH, DELICIOUS AND AMAZING. I AM DONE.I AM DEAD AND BURIED
Apparently this is not by House of Dereon.
Also of note: possible pregnancy chatter based on the design of the dress?
OK that's it, the end of the post.
This took me way too long but oh well, I haven't made a public post on here in a long ass time and this amused me. Also, if you haven't checked out Mariah Carey's new song with Miguel - 'Beautiful', check it out. It's so refreshingly different and it's such a summer song. It premiered today and I love it.